Sunday 15 September 2013

37 | 52



"A portrait of Atticus, once a week, every week, in 2013." 


Our first bloody knee scrape pretty much reflects the tough week we've had in this household. 

I unintentionally overloaded myself with yoga workshops, personal work commitments and helping out at a family friend's business. I would leave the house at 5.15am for (the most wonderful week of) yoga workshop, work in the city from 10-5, drive back home to pick up Atticus, dinner, bedtime and then settle in for personal work till about midnight. And then do it all again the next day. On those busy days, I only spent about 1 and a half hours with my exhausted little man and that hurt. Dada and Grandma did an amazing job supporting us and we couldn't have done it without them. It's been an interesting experience on so many levels, with some sweet surprises along the way. In the end, I am feeling so grateful that I am able to make a small income from freelance work, and being able to work on my own terms, around Atticus rather than having to go back to my old life of the 9-5 daily slog.

No comments:

Post a Comment